Mingma Dukpa Sherpa is by all means a trekker, a mountaineer more so an adventurer. Born in the mountainous region of Sankhuwa Sabha district of Nepal. He started his career in trekking at an early age of 17. He started as a porter and gradually climbed up to becoming a Sherpa (assistant guide) on treks. However his true calling was for climbing the high, massif Himalayas.
He has reached the summits of numerous peaks in Nepal and some of the feats worth mentioning are as follows:
- Mt. Everest (8,848m) – reached the top 5 times
- Mt. Choyu (8,201m) – reached the summit twice
- Mt. Amadablum (6,182m) – reached the summit once
- Tukuche Himal (6,920m) – summited twice
- Putha Hiuchuli (7,246m) – reached the top once
A professional mountaineer, Mingma Dukpa Sherpa is an invaluable member of Khempalung Adventure, giving his feedback and his experience in making itineraries to make our trips among the best available in Nepal.